Welcome

Welcome to the “In Search of Water” blog site! Here you will see the chronicled events of the project leading up to the team’s departure from the United States and then daily while the team is in Africa. Feel free to comment on the posts as it is a great encouragement to the team and a great way to share in the experience together.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Our KLM flight to Nairobi

We made it back from our train excursion in Amsterdam. We ate some way over priced food and tried to visit the famous french fry place but it was closed again! I may never taste those little sticks of potato goodness. Jessi dropped her only bottle of conceler (sp?) all over the security check floor so she will be all natural for the rest of the trip. Too bad she can't grow a beard to hide and imperfections.

We are very tired and it will be nearly impossible not to sleep on this flight. As all of you sleep, we will start our journey to Nairobi. We miss you all.

4 comments:

Cheri Guse said...

Endreawa Marro Lingy Tawi!!

Kelli said...

Oh Jessi-that is too funny (don't worry something will happen to the others that you can give them a hard for) I print off the blogs Doug writes and bring them/read them to Grandpa and we talk about it for ever. He always has a smile on his face knowing what you are doing is amazing. You guys are in my prayers!!

Steve Peterson said...

Hi Team, I'm just catching up with the blog entries. Thanks Doug for your diligent pursuit in getting this to work again! It is the highlight of my day! (yeah, I know, I need to get out more, right?) Anyway, I'll be praying daily for your safety and success in this trip. I can't think of a better way to bless the people of Kalalayi than with a source of fresh drinking water. God bless you all!

Aimee said...

Jessi, this is why I would struggle to go with this team. I can't imagine going without my hair and makeup regimen! (which is a heck of a lot more than concealer...) Maybe I could go incognito...'cause no one would recognize me without the girly fuss! :) I am thinking of you guys so often through my day. I will keep in touch and look forward to reading about your successes. God bless and keep you all safe. Aimee :)