Welcome

Welcome to the “In Search of Water” blog site! Here you will see the chronicled events of the project leading up to the team’s departure from the United States and then daily while the team is in Africa. Feel free to comment on the posts as it is a great encouragement to the team and a great way to share in the experience together.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Darwin and Shane eating Samosa at Nairobi Airport

We are at the airport in Juba waiting for our flight. Lunch is Samosas at the airport. A Samosa is a triangular pocket filled with a beef or vegetable mixture. It's a bit like a Runsa or beerock (sp?).

The airport officials tried to charge us $50 a piece for our 2nd bags. I had to get a bit "passionate" about not paying before the manager came over and cleared us to go. Everyone needs to make a buck I guess.

Well, we are off to Juba!

4 comments:

Vicki Tigner said...

Praise God that you are safe so far and look so fabulous, yes even you Jessi. Praying for you and your families.

Queen Cindy said...

Passionate, eh? I can envision that moment. Glad it worked. Happy flying!

jen simons said...

I'm glad you all made it to the Juba airport. I know you said it was not a fun experience to get through it last time, so I am praying for God to give you patience and find joy in your trials.

Cheri Guse said...

Sorry man but I tried one of those and it was NASTY!!!